So continuing our post on the crazy Nolan Batman series, we have picked up a few interesting facts / trivia on the movies and also added an interesting section on Goofs during the shooting of The Dark Knight Rises. The content piece for this article has been taken from across the net and from IMDB as well. Have fun reading and going through some awesome images. Also check the pictorial history of the caped crusader in the pic above.
- In Batman Begins Christian Balelost his voice three times during filming after altering his voice while playing Batman.
- Before Cillian Murphy played the fear inducing Scarecrow the role was offered to Marilyn Manson.
- Much of Batman’s gear and apparel, including his cape and suit, is based on actual military technology.
- Christian Bale auditioned to play Robin the Boy Wonder in Batman Forever.
- During filming of Batman Begins the trailer door for Christian Bale read Bruce Wayne.
- In Batman Begins the license plate on Bruce Wayne’s sports car is 375 265.
- The wide-shot of the house of the League of Shadows was entirely computer-generated.
- During filming of the scene where Batman is being towed by a train through the streets of Gotham, so much steam was used that it would “rain” on the cast and crew for several minutes after each take.
The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight is the first Batman feature film that doesn’t incorporate the word “Batman” in its title.
- Even though Christopher Nolan offered her the part, Katie Holmes decided not to reprise her role as Rachel Dawes. Instead, she opted to co-star with Diane Keaton andQueen Latifah in Mad Money that same year. Sarah Michelle Gellar, Isla Fisher, Emily Blunt and Rachel McAdams were all considered for the role before Maggie Gyllenhaal stepped in.
- The Dark Knight was the first Batman film with no live-action or CGI bats.
- Neither of the first two films has opening credits or titles
- Heath Ledger improvised when he started clapping inside his jail cell in a mocking and sardonic capacity as Gordon is promoted. The clapping was not scripted but Christopher Nolan immediately encouraged the crew to continue filming and the sequence was included in the film.
The Dark Knight Rises
- Christian Bale has stated that he would not play Batman if Robin appeared anywhere in the trilogy. Christopher Nolan agreed not to include Robin as it would undermine the dark tone of his series.
- One of the reasons why Christopher Nolan cast Tom Hardy as Bane wasbecause of his performance in the film RocknRolla. Hardy stated that he thought he was cast because of his role in Bronson. He arrived on set only to learn that Nolan has never even seen Bronson.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt , Leonardo DiCaprio , James Holzier, Ryan Gosling, and Mark Ruffalo were considered to play John Blake.Gordon-Levitt was ultimately cast.
- After The Dark Knight was released, Aaron Eckhart expressed interest in returning as Harvey “Two-Face” Dent, as the film had left his role relatively open-ended.Christopher Nolan stated that Dent was definitely dead, and that his death would leave lasting repercussions across Gotham.
- At 165 minutes long, this is the longest Batman film released to date as well as the longest film that Christopher Nolan has ever directed.
- Out of respect for Heath Ledger, the Joker is never once mentioned for the whole film.
The Dark Knight Goofs
- The timer on the bomb reaches 4:59 twice during the countdown.
- When Bruce Wayne was checking his computer in the bat cave for the first time, one of the articles about Selina Kyle spelled the word “Heist” wrong. It said “Hiest” instead.
- The fusion reactor suddenly becomes a fission reactor. It has a control rod removed and then threatens to go critical. Control rods are there to control a fission reaction and not a feature of fusion reaction. Even if this was the case, the decay would happen at an exponential rate and certainly not take 3 months to happen.
- 3,000 police officers are trapped underground for 3 months, kept alive by food parcels. However, when they are released, not one of them shows any sign of beard growth.
- Throughout the trilogy, Batman noticeably wears thick black make up around his eyes when he has his mask on. However, when he returns The Bat to the cave for the first time, he talks with Alfred without his mask on, yet there is no sign of any make-up.
Hope you enjoyed reading the same. Also like we said, these are just a few handpicked interesting reads there are loads more available on the net. Also if you guys have some interesting trivia or facts do send them to us 🙂
Do check out our gallery of some awesome Trilogy pictures.